Based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, schools in metropolitan Melbourne will return to face-to-face learning and teaching for all students from and including Friday 11 June 2021. I am expecting, and wanting, all our students to return to school tomorrow, while realising that some parents may opt not to send their child to school for a variety of potential reasons.
Students who are required to isolate or undertake home-based quarantine will be provided materials to continue their learning remotely, until such time that they are permitted to return to school.
As COVID-19 is a new virus, scientific research is regularly emerging. Currently, it is believed that COVID-19 can be transmitted by contact with droplets or airborne aerosols from an infected person, and contaminated surfaces. Airborne aerosols are tiny particles that float in the air. This understanding may change as more research emerges and more is learned about COVID-19.
Measures to promote COVIDSafe activities will be implemented, include:
- Limiting school access to outside visitors where possible. Parents are asked to drop their child at a gate and leave the area as soon as practicable. If a parent wants to meet with a teacher an appointment time needs to be booked.
- If a student is ill, they are not to attend school, and if a student has COVID symptoms they are to get tested and remain isolated until they receive their result. If negative they are able to return to school after their symptoms clear.
- Mask use for staff and students over the age of 12
* School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must wear a face mask indoors at school, unless an exception applies.
* Face masks are required to be worn outdoors at school where physical distancing of 1.5m cannot be maintained.
* Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school are not required to wear face masks when at school, or when attending an OHSC program.
* Teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
* Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older when travelling to and from school.
If a student has an exemption from wearing a mask they will socially distance in the classroom
The Curriculum Day scheduled for Friday 18th June has been cancelled.
Monday 14th June is a Public Holiday and there is no school for students on this day.
If parents have questions about the return to school, please feel free to email.
Manor Lakes P12 College
Mob: 0425 729 304