Dear parents, carers and students,

I’m writing to update you on the situation at our school. I have been advised by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that contact tracing for our school is ongoing.
DHHS, as the lead health agency, is continuing to identify and speak to all close contacts of the student at Manor Lakes P-12 College who tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

Contact tracing
Contact tracing is a complex process and it is important for the safety of our school and community that it is undertaken in a thorough manner.
DHHS has advised that all our students and staff are requested to remain at home until contact tracing is completed. Any close contacts who have so far been identified by DHHS have been provided with instructions as to what they need to do to care for themselves and their families, whether they need to self-isolate, as well as any necessary further testing.

School deep clean
The deep clean of the school is continuing and will be completed prior to our school reopening. It is expected cleaning will be completed by Friday, 24 July. I’ll advise of a re-opening date as soon as I know.

Next steps
Once our school reopens, we will operate in line with the current advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer for schools in metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire; the only students to attend on-site are:

• students in years 11 and 12
  • students in Year 10 for VCE or VCAL classes
  • students who are not able to be supervised at home and when no other arrangements can be made – including children whose parents cannot work from home, vulnerable children and children with a disability.

Students in Prep to Year 10 at government schools in metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire will continue to learn from home until at least 19 August.

More information
I recognise that we are all anxious to return to normal school arrangements as soon as possible and I assure you we are trying to achieve that as soon as we possibly can.
I am very aware that this is a time of heightened anxiety for us all. The people best placed to answer your questions are the Department of Education and Training (DET) staff who are supporting us. You can contact them on the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 338 663. If you call them, please be clear that you are calling in relation to Manor Lakes P-12 College, and they will provide as much information as they are able.
I ask you to please respect the student’s right to privacy and encourage you to do what you can to make sure all our students and our wider community are included and supported during this time.
I will continue to keep you informed as further updates become available.
Yours sincerely,

Steve Warner 
Principal
Manor Lakes P-12 College
Email: stephen.warner@education.vic.gov.au
Mobile: 0425 729 304

X