Dear Primary Families,
Thank-you for your patience as we move to Learning From Home next week.
We have set up Google Classrooms and Mathletics for each class. Next Tuesday, you can expect an email from your child’s teacher which will include:
- Simple, step-by-step instructions to support you setting up Google Classrooms and Mathletics.
- Google Classroom usernames and passwords were sent home last term, and will be re-sent again this Tuesday.
- New usernames and passwords for Mathletics
For now, the only thing to do is set up a space and check there is a device and internet for your child to use.
We have been humbled by the many messages of support over the last few days, thank-you.
Natalie Vulic, Kim McCabe, Chelsey Marks and Daniel Condon
Primary Co-Principals and Assistant Principals
Manor Lakes P-12 College – PRIMARY
Learning From Home, Term 2 2020
How will I access the Learning From Home?
A Compass email will be sent ready for the start of each week with a Weekly Overview of the week ahead.
A Compass email will be sent ready for the start of each day with a more detailed Daily Schedule.
Both of these emails will also be added to your child’s Google Classroom.
Please note, these will be sent the afternoon prior, and will be sent from the Classroom Teacher.
What does the Learning From Home Program look like?
The following are the daily minimum guidelines schools are expected to meet:
1. For students in Prep to Grade 2, schools will provide learning programs that include the following:
- literacy activities that take a total of about 45-60 minutes
- numeracy activities of about 30-45 minutes
- additional learning areas, play-based learning and physical activity of about 30-45 minutes.
2. For students in Grades 3 to 6 and Years 7 to 10, schools will provide learning programs allocated as follows:
- Literacy: 45-60 minutes
- Numeracy: 30-45 minutes
- Physical activities: 30 minutes
- Additional curriculum areas: 90 minutes
What if I don’t have a device? Where can I collect hard-copy paper packs?
Where a device or internet connection is unavailable, the school will print Hard Copy packs to replicate the Online Google Classroom.
Please contact Kim McCabe if you will require a hard copy pack, including the child’s full name and class: Kimberley.McCabe@education.vic.gov.au
Packs can be collected from the Main Administration Office in Burley Griffin Building at the start of each week.
Please follow safety protocols – line up using the spaced marks on the path, press the door bell, enter one at a time, sanitise in the air-hold, collect pack, sanitise again upon exit.
If you are unable to collect a pack at the start of each week, please contact one of the Primary Principals so arrangements can be made.
The same applies for collecting stationery items from student tubs*
When do I do Learning From Home with my child?
A general timetable has been set as:
- Year Prep, One Two 9:30-11:00am and 11:30-12:30pm
- Year Three, Four, Five, Six 9:30-11:00am and 11:30-1:30pm
These are the times your child’s teacher is also more readily available to respond to questions on email or through the messages on Google Classroom.
You are able to be flexible with the time of day your child completes a task depending on your home circumstance.
Who will be providing the Learning From Home Program?
Your child’s classroom teacher will provide the program. They will be available each day to assist through emails, messages on your child’s Google Classroom and will also call you each week. In the event your child’s classroom teacher is unable to work, a Casual Relief Teacher will be organised.